At TotalEnergies Jamaica, we believe that the way to consolidate our social license to operate is to share our expertise and know-how, listen to our stakeholders and be a responsible corporate leader. We have set ourselves the following objectives:
- Demonstrating strengthened respect for our stakeholders, by listening to them, involving them and maintaining ongoing dialogue.
- Being an accountable operator that is exemplary in our management of the impacts related to our activities.
- Promoting economic and social development
To achieve these objectives, we have built a strategy that is aligned with the below activities.
- Teacher Training (School’s Environment) Workshops
- Implementation of the ‘Tree for All’ tree planting project
- Celebration of International Earth Day
- The Environment Action Awards Initiative within schools across the island – different categories included best environmental community, most environmentally aware school, & youth environmental leadership
- Printing & issuing of ‘Trees for the Future’ flyers to TotalEnergies Service Stations and their respective customers, neighboring communities and the schools within the competition
- Sensitization on ‘Green Tips from TotalEnergies Jamaica Limited’ & ‘Total’ strip ad via National media print
- The School’s Environment Education Programme
- The Jamaica Driver & Traffic Safety Exposition
- The Children Against Reckless Driving Campaign (C.A.R.D.)
- The ‘Designate a Driver, Designate a Drive’ Campaign
- Road Safety Walk-a-thons